- Wednesday, June 17, 2015
If you have decided to do your graduation or masters abroad, you might be looking for financial support options. For many students, getting the right study abroad scholarships is a major factor that decides studying abroad and studying in India.
When you carry out a thorough research, you will find that there are many different types of scholarships available. The good news is that you will not have to prove that you are academically brilliant to apply for most of the available scholarships. However, it is not easy to get a scholarship as there are many students who would be trying for it. So, what can you do to get a scholarship for your education overseas? Here are top 10 tips that will help you to find the perfect scholarship and financial support.
1. Wait for the university to accept your application before you apply for scholarships – Any university that accepts you into a course would need to know if you have the necessary means to pay your living expenses and tuition without a scholarship. If you are lucky and get a grant, you can then use the money to live comfortably, spend extra money or even pay back your local bank loan.
2. Scholarship does not mean you do not have to spend anything – There is no way to study without paying a dime. Even if you get a full scholarship, you will have to spend on health insurance, books, food, travel and entertainment.
3. Go through scholarship details - In this regard it is best to go through many websites that do not stick to the university website for information. These websites will offer you in-depth information on scholarships offered by private foundations too. You can go through details and analyse the scholarships that are offered in your country by the Department of Education, government bodies in the host country and financial help offered by private foundations.
4. Take even the smallest help that comes your way – Every bit of help is invaluable when you plan to study abroad. It is worth to take time to apply for help even if the grant is small and covers only the cost of books.
5. Take the effort to apply for as many grants as possible – When we say scholarship, we mean free money. So, it pays to research your options and make a list of the scholarships that you are eligible for. You can prove your case only if you have all the necessary documents. Before applying, it is best to thoroughly check with the help of an experienced person.
6. Confidence is the key – Never hesitate to voice your views in a confident manner if the scholarship demands an essay or letter explaining the reason why you think you deserve the scholarship. As you list out your achievements, do not focus only on academics. List out everything including awards, career experience and community work.
7. Never pay any upfront fees – No scholarship application requires applicants to pay any fee. Similarly, applying for a scholarship does not automatically guarantee one. There are many scam companies that take your money and disappear. So, deal with caution.
8. Plan well in advance – When it comes to arranging finance for your education, you must ideally start at least two years in advance. After you have been accepted for the course, you may not have enough time to apply for scholarship. Take the help of reputed counsellors and ensure that you do not miss your application deadline.
9. Meticulously file your documents – As you apply for your visa, you must keep all details such as proof of funds ready. If there is any scholarship offer, you must keep details of the same meticulously filed.
10. Never give up – Even if all your scholarship applications are rejected, do not give hope. Help from family and friends, student loans and company scholarship are also some other avenues that you can try.
No comment posted.