- Monday, October 05, 2015
One of the popular destinations for education, France is known for its beauty and warmth. Top universities in this country are equipped with great infrastructure and offer high-quality education backed by excellent faculty.
For Indian students, if at all there are any reasons why they may not choose France as their study abroad destination, it is only related to the cost. Most undergraduate courses are highly affordable in this country. However, the same cannot be said of masters and post-doctoral programmes. If you wish to make the most of the quality education offered by universities in this country, you must try for one of the scholarships on offer.
If you have decided on pursuing your higher education in France, you have indeed made a great choice. For international students, there are many different scholarships offered in this country for research, post graduate and under graduate programmes.
It goes without saying that in order to be eligible for scholarships, you must have an excellent academic record. The first step towards applying for the scholarships is to write a powerful essay on the reasons why you think you deserve it. Broadly speaking, scholarships are offered by universities as well as by the Eiffel Foundation in France. To access the Eiffel scholarships, you must apply through Campus France. For the university scholarships, you must apply directly to the universities.
Here are different types of scholarships available for international students aspiring to study in France –
- Eiffel Scholarships – This is a purely merit-based scholarship offered to international students. This type of scholarship awards an allowance of €1,400 for Research Students and €1,181 for Masters Students. The scholarship amount includes a single return trip, cultural activities and health insurance and is offered for Ph.D. and Masters Courses. Aspirants must apply for the Eiffel Scholarships between the months of October and January.
- Ampere Scholarships of Excellence – This scholarship is open to international students who have excelled in academics. It can be applied for between the months of December and February and is offered for a 12 month period. The annual conditional renewal scholarship offers an amount of €1,200 per month for students pursuing Master’s Programme in Human and Social Sciences, Arts and Exact Sciences.
- Ile-de-France Masters Scholarships – A lump sum of €10,500 is offered under this scholarship for eligible students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree in the Ile de France region. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students must be below the age of 30.
- The Emile-Boutmy Scholarship – This scholarship for Bachelors and Master’s Degree is awarded for meritorious international students. An amount of €7,300 towards tuition fees and €5,000 for living expenses is awarded annually for a total of three years.
- INSEAD – This is a scholarship offered for international Master’s Programme students. Students with exceptional talent can apply for this need-based, merit-based scholarship that awards a limited amount anywhere between €5,000 and €25,000 a year.
- HEC Scholarship – To be applied for at the time of admission, this scholarship offering €6,000 - €24,000 annually is for international students wishing to pursue Master’s degree and qualify based on need and/or merit.
- École Normale Supérieure – A total of 30 scholarships are offered for meritorious international students wishing to pursue their masters in humanities or science. This scholarship awards an amount to cover the student’s campus stay and also an amount of €1,000 as a monthly stipend.
- Université de Lyon Masters Scholarships – This is a limited monthly scholarship of €400 - €800 offered for Master’s Programme students with exceptional academic qualification.
These are a few of the popular scholarships in France international students can apply for. To access the best scholarships in this country, you can take the help of experienced and knowledgeable education counsellors at The Chopras.
No comment posted.