- Friday, June 05, 2015
In spite of the high overseas education expenditure, students are attracted to the prospect of going abroad. Many students try their luck by applying for scholarships in order to ease their burden of living and education costs. For Indian students aspiring to graduate abroad, scholarships and other types of financial help is surely very important. Here are a few aspects about study abroad scholarships you must know about.
- There are many ways for students to apply and get scholarships. For meritorious students, many universities abroad offer scholarships on different subjects. This helps the academically strong students pursue their dream.
- Governments also provide study abroad scholarships for students and individuals who are known for exceptional performance in their field. These scholarships are provided by the local governments with the hope that students will gain further skills in their field and return back to contribute to their country.
- For employees who have performed exceptionally well, certain multinationals and corporate houses fund their study abroad. Usually, these scholarships fund a student’s tuition fee, cost of books and hostel rent. Student has to bear the cost of personal expenses and food.
- Study abroad scholarships offer a plethora of benefits for deserving students pursuing education overseas. However, the scholarships are limited to a lucky few, which is one of the reasons why many students do not venture for education abroad. It pays to plan well in advance and research thoroughly about all the available scholarship options.
- In order to ensure that you get the most out of scholarships and grants, you must know where to apply and the scholarships that you are eligible for. You must also know the right documents to submit with your application in order to highlight your case. This can be best done with the help of a professional study overseas consultant The Chopras.
- The best way to know more about scholarship options is to tap all resources and follow the guiding rules and tips. For this, you must first search for institutes, universities and colleges offering these scholarships. Even before you apply for a course, contact the administration and try to convince them of your competency. Visit the college website and contact administration through the contact form. Almost all overseas colleges offer in-depth information on grants and scholarships available for deserving candidates.
- At the informal level, it is recommended to become a part of study abroad forums. It would be better if you can get in touch with a former or existing student from the college, find out if they are on a scholarship and request for ways to get financial help. Students from the college will have a clear idea about the guiding principles, rules and regulations and will be able to guide you in the right direction.
- Leverage the power of social media in order to gather more information on study abroad scholarships. Now almost every university has its own Facebook fan page. You can access all resources by liking the page. Spend time on the social media and interact in forums with previous students to get a clear idea.
- Last but not the least, a powerful way to know if you have a chance or not, is to write a personal letter to the administration and request for a scholarship. For most universities, it is a matter of great encouragement that a prospective student from abroad has contacted them.
It is not at all difficult to find a good college abroad willing to sponsor your tuition and probably even your living expenses. All you need to do is find out and go through the process and know what to do.
No comment posted.