- Wednesday, December 09, 2015
Art fashion and design programmes are chosen by many to further their career. Many opt for studying abroad as it provides impetus for moving ahead in life. There are fashion capitals around the world such as Milan, Paris etc. which offers a comprehensive course on fashion designing and art to students.
Some of the top Art Fashion and Design Schools around the world
- The most populated city in the United States and the fashion capital of the world, New York City is one of the most renowned fashion capitals. This is a melting pot of cultures which inspires city dwellers all through. The biggest names in the art and fashion world belong here. It is home to two of the most famous schools for art and fashion designing, the first one being Parsons, the New School for Design and the second being Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). Both of these schools offer programmes in design and business, marketing, illustrating and styling.
- London – A predominant culture depicting art and fashion all over the roads and districts, London is one of the most famous art and fashion design capitals in the world. Trend setting rules are set here and are followed around the world. Central Saint Martins and London College of Fashion are two of the most famous colleges here. The likes of Prada, Gucci, Lousis Vetton and Burberry are found here.
- Italy – Art and fashion have always gone hand in hand in this country. It has a history of political power in the classical era and in the renaissance era. Milan has emerged in modern times as the art fashion capital of the world and it has joined the ranks of Paris, Milan, London and New York. Istituto Marangoli and Politecnico di Milano. The latter offers an undergraduate program in fashion designs and also a master’s program in ‘Design for the fashion system’.
- Paris – In a discussion about art and fashion capital of the world, Paris takes centre stage. For many prospective students in the art and fashion world, Paris still remains on the top. Even though there is high amount of accommodation expenses and standard of living, Paris is able to balance it out by offering low tuition costs. Two of the top fashion schools are Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne and ESMOD.
Apart from these there are notable art fashion and design programs offered at institutes around the world such as Japan, Belgium, etc.
Course Details and tips to get good scores in the evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design and arts is available in most colleges and institutes around the world. Fashion and art design majors learn about the fabrics, colours, patterns and styles and they develop authentic styles for the customers. There are computer aided courses and art design internships that the students can apply for. These give you the practical training and hands on experience. Generally, the courses taken by the students include drawing, fashion and art history, Industry sewing techniques, tailoring, Creative design applications, pattern drafts from time to time, professional design applications.
- Degrees are also available for fashion merchandising. These are slightly different from the normal courses. This mainly concentrates on business. Students understand and learn the science and economics of art and fashion. There can be classes in some of the following that students may wish to follow and major in some countries. These are :
• Retail advertising and operations
• Statistics on merchandising and business
• Economics and interior art designs
There are several coaching classes that students can apply for before going for the entrance test for these design programs. In addition to the entrance tests for these institutes that are mandatory, some countries may demand a TOEFL test too. These coaching centres know the syllabus and changes in them from time to time. Mock tests are prepared accordingly and students are moulded to churn up a good career path.
No comment posted.