- Friday, December 11, 2015
This is one of the most developed programmes around the world. These programmes are offered by almost all the institutes around the world. The curriculum is simple and subject to some changes from time to time. Some institutes make it compulsory for the candidates to take TOEFL test to qualify for studying abroad. Sometimes, these tests are taken by the immigration department too. There are lot of coaching classes that one can enrol in to get the best scores in these tests and further your career by studying abroad.
Details and tips to enrol for courses in Environment and Sustainability Studies
- Students take six courses in these all through the length of the syllabus designed for Environment and Sustainability studies. There are two theory courses, two sustainability courses in practice, one course aimed at the community development and maintenance, and lastly one course is focused on the sustainable solutions related to specific problems or issues.
- The theory classes – These focus on basic science and social science. These are based on the representation of nature and its sustenance, environment ethics and history. They provide the foundation for further work in the field that includes the focal point on Climate Change and conservation of natural resources. Students must take two courses from a list of designated ones that are provided by the respective colleges. It is preferred to have a look on-line or do some research on your options before your enrol for such programmes.
- Practice courses are two in number and these give you service learning opportunities. These are related to sustainability and environment and also lay emphasis on climatic changes. These are little bit related to theory but these give you an edge too as these offer you a hands on experience on the subject matter of the course.
- Next in the curriculum comes the course on sustainable solutions that lay emphasis on one issue such as energy, food sustainable design and work towards the development of practical solutions for all issues relating to climatic changes and environment issues. Data collection and analysis, conclusive evidence and the last judgment phase is also taught here.
- Local sustainability issues and issues in other countries are also made a part if the study in the programmes here. This gives a practical approach to the students and open mind pertaining to global issues and offers him a tactical solution to the above mentioned problems. Familiarization and trips to other place and dealing with such issues make them more forthcoming to any such similar issues in the country of study.
Tips for securing good scores and passing entrance tests for Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- Environmental sciences are usually taught as masters in science programmes. The graduation courses are offered by a select few only. It is preferred to do some online research to look up the eligibility criteria and the tests for enrolling into these courses. Generally, the master’s programme will necessitate a bachelor’s degree in the same field or any other field. Some colleges also ask for TOEFL test. You can opt for the GATE if you are interested in environmental engineering. Some institutes offer post-graduation diplomas in this field.
- The curriculum for all these may vary from institute to institute and country to country. If you want to study abroad then you need to be familiar with other test requirements. You can also join coaching classes that guide you to enrolling in the best institute and the apt country of your preference. They keep abreast of any changes and prepare you accordingly.
No comment posted.