- Thursday, June 11, 2015
SAT or Scholastic Aptitude Test is extremely important for college admission. For an average student, it takes about 4 hours to complete this test. In order to crack this 170 question test stress-free, it is important to learn to handle it efficiently.
Here are 7 powerful tips that will help you prepare optimally for the SAT exam.
- Improve your vocabulary - You will simply love SAT test preparations if you love books. In the sentence completion section, SAT tests the vocabulary of candidates. It is important for students to improve their vocabulary. This needs to be done years before the exam. However, the best SAT coaching centre in India will train students to master their vocabulary largely.
- Thrive under pressure – It is important for students to learn how to thrive under pressure as the SAT is definitely going to be tough. This exhaustive exam features a total of nine sections. Students who are used to taking a lot of time examining and analysing questions will face an issue. Questions must be quickly answered in short bursts and so you need to be very alert in the session.
- Read questions carefully – Though maths in SAT is considered to be much easier than ACT, in reality it is not so. The questions may appear simple but are quite tricky. Unless students learn the art of reading through and understanding the questions carefully, it is difficult to score well in SAT. When in doubt, it is a good idea to leave it blank as points are deducted for students trying to take a wild guess.
- Holistic preparation is essential – SAT test preparation is all about preparing your body and mind well. Even if you are well prepared, you will make blunders if you are nervous on the day of the exam. In between study sessions, relax by taking a walk and clear your mind by getting a lot of fresh air.
- Understand the exam format – It pays to focus on learning materials that are sure to be asked in the SAT test. Well-known SAT coaching centres in India will prepare students very well and will help them to continually review important, prospective study materials.
- Focus on the essay – Writing an impressive essay in just twenty five minutes is a challenge. If you wish to present a polished piece of writing, you need not actually focus on the comma splices. According to experts, it is not essential striving for perfection, though essays are graded based on right grammar. However, more than grammar, readers of your essay will certainly look for a coherent, well-structured argument to the question posed. As compared to the matter, factors like punctuation, spelling and facts are not much emphasised upon while grading. The logic and argument you present and the manner in which you present the answer is much more important.
- Make the most of every single second in the exam – Last but not the least, it is important to break up and plan your time well depending on how much you wish to allocate to each section. If you find yourself stuck at a question, it pays to just pass over to the next and then later come back to that particular question after you have completed.
While doing SAT test preparations, focus on the above-mentioned points and write the test confidently, and you are sure to do well in the SAT exam.
No comment posted.