GRE stands for Graduate Record Examinations. It is a standardised aptitude exam with a pre-defined syllabus. It is one of the most widely accepted admissions tests for graduate and business school programs, and is used for admissions decisions for MBA, specialized master's in business and doctoral programs.
GRE is divided into two categories. The GRE General Test that measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills - the types of skills required for success in today's demanding graduate and business school programs - and the GRE Subject Test that measures knowledge of a particular field of study helping students stand out from other applicants by emphasizing their knowledge and skill level in a specific area.
Preparation is key to getting a good score in the GRE. Investing time and effort in preparing for the exam is a critical element in the test taking strategy. The Chopras offers quality GRE coaching that ensures students get the best possible preparation. Here are just a few of the reasons why students should choose to prepare for their GRE with The Chopras:
- One of the largest and most successful global education companies in India with 21 years of experience in assisting students make informed decisions about their futures and guiding them about their education options both in India and overseas.
- Vast experience in providing quality test preparation programmes for some of the most common standardized tests worldwide having helped several thousand students every year to successfully achieve their desired test scores.
- Experienced, qualified and professional faculty drawn from some of the most elite institutions in India all of whom have undergone a rigorous training schedule and who are subject to a regular and thorough evaluation process to ensure that their subject knowledge and teaching practices continue to be amongst the best in the industry.
- Thorough understanding of university entry requirements and admission processes worldwide with a vast network of partner institutions across the globe where thousands of students are placed annually having successfully achieved their desired test scores.
- Flexible and convenient schedules that suit students' needs and requirements with small batch sizes that allows for personalized attention to ensure that every individual establishes realistic goals for score improvement, understands the key test concepts and is given comprehensive guidance on effective test taking strategies.
In addition, The Chopras also offers all its students a comprehensive 5 Point Study Plan built around their needs and requirements. Students enrolling for GRE preparation with The Chopras will benefit from the ability to:
- take a demo class before enrolling
- monitor progress through personalized review sessions after class hours
- improve test scores through extra tutoring and result orientated strategies
- enhance aptitude levels through customized question pools and strategic quiz tools
- revise from question banks that mirror the test exam
The Chopras GRE coaching centres adopt a number of powerful preparation methods:
Content: The Chopras uses the most relevant and frequently tested content helping its students to fully familiarise themselves with the GRE and to organise their time in an effective manner to achieve the best scores.
Critical Thinking Strategies: Realising that standardised tests rely on more than just the content, The Chopras constantly updates and customises its study and reference material, along with practise test papers, to ensure that it is addressing students' specific areas of concern. A personalised report which identifies areas of weaknesses and strengths is generated to help the student identify his or her testing patterns and work in a focused manner. All answer explanations are detailed and provide alternative approaches to answer a question. The Chopras result-oriented strategies enable students to increase both speed and accuracy.
Essential Practice: The Chopras collection of practice tests, other than basic content and timed drills, follow the same structure of the actual GRE. The realistic practice and extensive training, as well as test day tips and exam strategies provided by expert instructors, enhance students' confidence in preparation for the actual test.
No Time Constraints: The Chopras classroom training programme lasts two months with an additional four months given to the student to use its centre resources. The class schedule is divided into modules, each of which concentrates on the topics tested on the GRE. Though two months of training is recommended, students may opt to complete the course faster or slower according to their needs. A combination of attending both weekday and weekend classes allows students to prepare for the GRE faster if necessary.