- Monday, November 09, 2015
Toronto is one of the famous cities of Canada. You can feel those international vibes in the stores, restaurants, entertainment options and even among the people. There are many weekend getaways in Toronto situated just two hours away from Buffalo and New York and four hours from Michigan and Detroit.
CN tower is one of the tallest structures in the world that attracts many tourists around the year. The Royal Ontario Museum is famous for its well-known ancient Greek artefacts and skeletons of dodo bird. You have an option to do endless shopping from famous 230 stores in the Toronto Eaton Centre and at the Frank Gehry, a renowned Art Gallery of Ontario. Millions of travellers visit well-known events, which are held every year. The events list includes:
• The Toronto Film Festivalin September
• Winterfest in February
• The Jazz Festival in June
• The Gay Pride Parade in July
• Caribana in August
• Gyro meat, Greek potatoes, vegetables and rice can be found in the Danforth Street.
• You can also pick tourist souvenirs and imported food from Chinatown next to Spadina Avenue.
• Annual festival hosted by Little Italy attracts numerous visitors who love expresso.
• Queen Street is known for its artists, clubs, bars, textile shops, fast food joints, novelty stores.
• The "gayborhood" of Toronto, the city that never sleeps can be found along Church and Wellesley streets.
• Organic food lovers, cyclists and hippies love Kensington Market.
• In Scarborough, the welcoming beaches are very popular with swimmers, cottage dwellers of the vicinity and volleyball enthusiasts during summers.
The housing and lodgings are very comfortable and you will not really feel to leave the hospitable premises. The visitors who can afford expensive accommodations can stay at the artsy, stylish Drake hotel right on Queen Street west. The other well-located and luxurious hotel is the Fairmont Royal York, which is halfway from Eaton shopping centre and the theatre district. If you like meeting new people and connecting with other travellers then the best thing would be to stay at Global Village backpacker’s hostel on King Street. The rooms are spacious and it contains around 10 beds.
• Langdon Hall
This hotel is a member of the esteemed Relais & Chateaux hotel group known for its five star services. It is the best getaway for couples who love sumptuous food and spa treatments. The guest rooms and suites have unique furnishings; soaking tubs, walk in showers. You can also ask for suites with wooden burning fireplace and a private terrace. Langdon is located in Cambridge, Ontario and is one hour drive from Toronto.
• Grail Springs Wellness Retreat
It is located in Bancroft, Ontario surrounded by forests, scenic lake and meditation gardens. The resort offers various accommodation options that include comfortable rooms with lake views, eco forest cabins. A Grail spring is a family getaway offering many activities like horse riding, guided hikes, snowshoeing, yoga and many more. One can enjoy canoes, paddleboats and the labyrinth during summers.
• Taboo Resort: Lakeside spa
It is located on the beautiful Lake Muskoka. Resort has a beautiful spa, huge golf course and restaurants offering dishes prepared with local ingredients. The Lake facing rooms are a great choice for romantic couples. The amenities includes: Private balconies that are perfect for a breakfast on the lake, deep soaking tubs. You can enjoy organic oils and natural products at Spa Taboo which offers assorted services.
Some of the dishes that you will never forget are: Falafel from Etibicoke, exotic sushi pizza at Sushi On Bloor, a large plate of nachos at the green room, Thai food at GoldenThai, traditional Canadian dishes: Fries with cheese and gravy from Shanghai Cowgirl.
No comment posted.