- Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Higher education is like a pedestal, standing on which students can look far into the future and dream. In the past higher education was limited to one's own country and going abroad used to be on a traveller's bucket list but things have changed now. Gone are those days when travelling essentially meant exploring the western part of the world; as South East Asia has increasingly come under focus. As we dug a little deeper here, we found out that Singapore is more than just a travellers' hub.
Let us see how?
Becoming a Republic in 1965, it consists of about 63 islands in a beautiful geographical setup with a tropical rainforest climate, uniform temperature, and abundant rainfall. The most striking feature of this country that makes it a destination for international students is its location in South-East Asia. Singapore is near Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Cambodia allowing an easy trip via train, plane or boat.
Top 5 Reasons To Study In Singapore
1. CONNECTIVITY: With only a five-hour flight separating Singapore from India; Singapore is a naturally preferred study abroad destination for students and parents alike.
2. LIVING COSTS: The average monthly cost of living in Singapore is around S$750 to S$2,000 which is lower than the countries like the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia.
3. EMPLOYMENT: Home to a stable and promising economy, Singapore is a hub of over 75,00 MNCs offering brilliant job opportunities post studies.
4. CULTURE: Singapore is home to one of the worlds most multi-cultural and cosmopolitan population. Studying in Singapore given students experience to various world cultures to complement the global education.
5. EDUCATION: It would not be too much to call Singapore as the 'The Super Star' of Academic Excellence in the Asian region because of the renowned universities and their high rankings on global education ranking systems. The National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) rank 11 and 15 respectively on the QS World University Rankings 2018.
Where To Study In Singapore?
Due to the lack of natural resources in the region, Singapore has always focussed on developing their workforce and human resources in a bid to transform itself into a knowledge-based economy.
The six autonomous universities of Singapore include:
National University of Singapore | Nanyang Technological University | Singapore Management University | Singapore University of Technology & Design | Singapore Institute of Technology | Singapore University of Social Sciences.
Some of the world-renowned universities that have set up campuses or centres of excellence in Singapore include:
Johns Hopkins University, Duke University, INSEAD, ESSEC, FOX EMBA, University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, Massachusetts Institute of Technology among others.
We have discovered that Singapore is one of those promising places that young minds would like to explore.
No comment posted.