Brunel University London
1. Overview of the institution
Founded in 1966 and located in Uxbridge, West London, Brunel University London is a public research, Plateglass University, named after the Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
It is a modern, multicultural university with staff and students from over 110 countries worldwide. Brunel’s secure, modern campus offers great facilities, excellent transport links and a fantastic atmosphere in which to study.
Many of Brunel’s innovative university courses are accredited by professional institutions, which are recognised by employers, and offer membership or exemption towards further study. The university has high ratings in national assessments and league tables and was rated Top 5 in London for overall Student Satisfaction in 2015.
2. Location and facilities
- Brunel's modern campus is a single secure area in west London that offers a perfect location for exploring the capital and further afield.
- The campus has seen £300 million of development in the last few years.
- There are over 4,500 rooms on campus, over 90% of which are en suite; all rooms have internet access and Brunel also provides rooms for couples.
- First year Undergraduate and Postgraduate students are guaranteed a room on campus.
- The University is only a 15 minute drive from Heathrow International Airport and is directly connected via local bus routes
- The campus offers a full range of facilities, including a 24-hour library and computer rooms (term time) shops, food outlets. (serving Halal and vegetarian food), prayer rooms and nightlife.
- Excellent public transport links and the nearby town of Uxbridge offers a good range of shops without the London crowds.
- Brunel has a vibrant community of over 15,000 students from over 110 different countries.
- Brunel's campus has featured in lots of iconic UK films and television series from 'A Clockwork Orange' to 'Spooks'.
3. Departments/Subject areas
The University comprises of 3 colleges and 3 Research Institutes:
College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
College of Health and Life Sciences
Institute of Energy Futures
Institute of Environment, Health and Societies
Institute of Materials and Manufacturing
- The Complete University Guide 2016: 49th in the UK
- THES world university rankings 2014/15: 226-250 (shared), representing a sharp rise in rankings
- THE Subject rankings 2014/15:93rd best university worldwide in engineering and technology 32nd among European institutions 11th in UK
- Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) Shanghai Jiao Tong Rankings 2014: 409th globally & 34th in the UK
- Times Higher Education's 100 world universities under 50 ranking 2015: 25th
Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, in order to enhance their ideologies and knowledge systems, universities introduce programmes and study abroad scholarships that are unique to their identities. These study international scholarships opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. They often award in the form of a reduced tuition fees. Contact The Chopras now for getting the right scholarship based on your academic merits and other talents.
Click Here to know more about UK University Scholarships.
6. Careers: Unique student support
Brunel is committed to producing the professionally minded and skilled graduates that employers want. It has a consistently good record in the graduate employment market - Brunel’s Professional Development Centre has received a national award as the Best University Placement Service for the third year running. Brunel graduates regularly earn amongst the highest graduate starting salaries.