University of Hertfordshire
1. Overview of the institution
Hertfordshire is the UK's leading business-facing university and an exemplar in the sector. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.
Over 95% of University of Hertfordshire students are employed or in further study within 6 months of graduating, ranking it as the second highest University in East of England.
Degrees delivered at Hertfordshire provide students with the knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers look for, giving them the best chance of career success.
The university offers high-quality teaching, which is independently commended by the UK's Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Many of the degree courses are also accredited by professional bodies.
2. Location and facilities
World-class facilities make the University of Hertfordshire an outstanding place to study, live and work
The University is based in Hatfield, about 20 minutes from London’s King’s Cross station. There are 2 main self-contained and accessible sites:
- College Lane Campus
- De Havilland Campus-a state-of-the-art £120m facility
They are situated less than 1km apart and are linked by pathways, cycle routes and the university shuttle bus.
The university’s contemporary academic centres, social venues and accommodation are all designed and purpose-built to enhance students’ learning experience.
The university offers:
- State-of-the-art technology, including networked electronic systems, hi-tech labs and ICT suites.
- Always-on learning: award-winning Learning Resources Centres are open 24/7, with some 3,000 study seats and over 1,200 computer workstations.
- Online anytime, anywhere - studynet online, provides a gateway to all personalised course and study information and access to University online services.
- Cutting-edge facilities: one of the UK's best-equipped astronomical observatories, a flight simulator, wind tunnels, a simulated intensive care unit, creative studios and digital workshops.
These academic resources are suitably supplemented with recreational opportunities:
- Top sport: the University's on-campus Hertfordshire Sports Village offers outstanding sports and fitness facilities for all ages and abilities.
- Peak performances: the stunning 460-seat Weston Auditorium regularly stages acclaimed cultural and arts events.
- Social benefits: a thriving range of clubs, societies and Students' Union events.
3. Departments/Subject areas
Students can choose from undergraduate and postgraduate courses arranged under 10 schools of study:
- Hertfordshire Business School
- Computer Science
- Creative Arts
- Engineering & Technology
- Health & Social work
- Life & medical Sciences
- Physics, Astronomy & Mathematics
QS 2015-2016 (National): 70th
QS 2015-2016 (World):701st
Complete University Guide 2016: 75th
The Guardian 2015: 79th
Hertfordshire has been voted in the top 100 most international universities in the world, according to the UK's leading higher education magazine.
Times Higher Education ranked the University 52nd in the new league table, which was released recently.
Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, in order to enhance their ideologies and knowledge systems, universities introduce programmes and study abroad scholarships that are unique to their identities. These study international scholarships opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. They often award in the form of a reduced tuition fees. Contact The Chopras now for getting the right scholarship based on your academic merits and other talents.
Click Here to know more about UK University Scholarships.
6. Careers: Unique student support
The University of Hertfordshire's Careers, Employment and Enterprise Service does not merely help students to get jobs – it helps develop careers, start up businesses and works with employers too.
Students can look for a job, internship or work experience with CareerHub where all vacancies are advertised or take part in the next careers workshop, employers' presentations or careers fair
A dedicated graduate recruitment and career development team offers plenty of information, advice, guidance and networking opportunities to help students find employers and make sure they are ready to make the best of the opportunities out there: whether one is searching for work experience opportunities, applying for jobs, studying further or starting one’s own business.
There is a load of valuable information available for students and alumni-at their fingertips.