University of Lincoln
1. Overview of the institution
The University of Lincoln is a public research university in the city of Lincoln, England. The university has origins tracing back to 1861. Since being opened by Her Majesty the Queen, the University of Lincoln has put students at the heart of everything we do, while climbing more places in university league tables than almost any other institution.
The University has established an international reputation for the quality of teaching and research, with academics and students working together on major projects across areas as varied as cancer treatment, water conservation and low-carbon technology. The University of Lincoln has some of the most satisfied students in the UK.
2. Location and facilities
Students love the fabulous location of our main Brayford Pool Campus. Situated next to the picturesque Brayford Pool marina in the heart of the thriving city centre, just a few minutes' walk from the High Street, there is a wealth of shops, restaurants and accommodation close to campus.
The University of Lincoln was rated in the top 10% of UK universities for centralised, convenient facilities in the Times Higher Education's Student Experience Survey 2015. We are ranked third among English universities for the percentage of students coming into university on foot each day.
Our facilities include the award-winning Great Central Warehouse Library which is open 24/7 during peak periods, a Human Performance Centre, brand new laboratories, galleries and studio spaces, and an Engineering Hub.
3. Departments/Subject areas
Colleges and Schools
College of Arts
- School of Architecture & Design
- School of English & Journalism
- Lincoln School of Film & Media
- School of Fine & Performing Arts
- School of History & Heritage
College of Science
- School of Chemistry
- School of Computer Science
- School of Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Mathematics and Physics
- School of Pharmacy
- National Centre for Food Manufacturing
- Lincoln Institute for Agri-Food Technology
College of Social Science
- Lincoln Business School
- School of Education
- School of Health and Social Care
- Professional Development Centre
- Lincoln Law School
- School of Psychology
- School of Social & Political Sciences
- School of Sport and Exercise Science
- In 2015, the University of Lincoln ranked 53 in Computer Science ahead of Russell Group and few Top 25 universities in The Guardian subject’s rankings, ranked 51 in English and ranked 25 in Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism.
- In the 2015 National Student Survey, the School of Psychology ranked first across all institutions in the United Kingdom for student satisfaction.
- In 2012, the university ranked in the top 50 of The Guardian University Guide for the first time
- In 2016, it has been ranked among the top 40 English universities in the first major student guide by The Complete University
Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, in order to enhance their ideologies and knowledge systems, universities introduce programmes and study abroad scholarships that are unique to their identities. These study international scholarships opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. They often award in the form of a reduced tuition fees. Contact The Chopras now for getting the right scholarship based on your academic merits and other talents.
Click Here to know more about UK University Scholarships.
6. Careers: Unique student support
Careers & Employability
We are the University of Lincoln’s bespoke careers service. As a part of Research & Enterprise, we aim to support students, graduates, staff and faculties with all of their careers education needs. From one to one careers guidance to workshops, presentations and consultation, we aim to promote the development of enterprising students, staff and graduates. We offer students and graduates advice about career opportunities and information about graduate vacancies in a wide range of organisations.
The Student Job Shop
It is a part of Careers & Employability. The Job Shop offers advice about student employment and advertises all student vacancies; paid part-time, holiday jobs and work experience.