University of Wales Trinity Saint David
1. Overview of the institution
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) was formed on 18 November 2010 through the merger of the University of Wales Lampeter and Trinity University College Carmarthen, under Lampeter’s Royal Charter of 1828. On the 1 August 2013, Swansea Metropolitan University became part of UWTSD.
We promote excellence in research, scholarship, learning and teaching, through which we make a considerable investment to the economy and social innovation; supporting economic growth, social and cultural development of communities in our immediate environs and further afield. We are proud of these connections but more than this, we celebrate the myriad of connections, locally and across the world, that make the University of Wales Trinity Saint David distinctive.
2. Location and facilities
University of Wales Trinity Saint David has three main campuses in South West Wales – Carmarthen, Lampeter and Swansea.
All three campuses offer:
- Stunning locations near some of the world’s most spectacular coastline and countryside.
- Safe, friendly, communities of learning, where you’ll get to know people really quickly.
- All the learning resources and student support services you’ll need to be successful on your course.
- Local facilities and accommodation to enhance your student experience and help you feel at home.
- A students’ union on campus to offer advice and representation, plus clubs, sports, societies and entertainment.
Faculty of Arts and Social Studies
- School of Art, Film and Media
- School of Business
- School of Sport, Health and Outdoor Education
- School of Performing Arts / Ysgol y Celfyddydau Perfformio
Faculty of Education and Training
- School of Early Childhood
- School of Initial Teacher Education and Training
- School of Social Justice and Inclusion
- School of Welsh and Bilingual Studies
- Associate Faculty (AUR (Anelu'n Uwch at Ragoriaeth) – Going For Gold)
Faculty of Humanities
- School of Archaeology, History and Anthropology
- School of Classics
- School of Cultural Studies
- Department of Chinese Studies
- Department of Creative Writing
- Department of English & English with TEFL
- Department of Philosophy
- School of Theology, Religion and Islamic Studies
- Confucius Institute
Faculty of Applied Design and Engineering
- The Swansea School of Glass
- The School of Automotive Engineering
- The School of Built and Natural Environment
- The School of Applied Computing
- The School of Digital Media
- The School of Industrial Design (inc. Product & Automotive Design)
- The School of Logistics and Manufacturing Engineering
Faculty of Art and Design
- School of Contextual Studies and Visual Communication
- School of Fine and Applied Arts
- School of Photography and Video
- School of Research and Post Graduate Studies
Faculty of Humanities and Performing Arts
- Swansea School of Education
- School of Performance and Literature
- School of Psychology and Counselling
Faculty of Business and Management
- Swansea Business School
- School of Leisure, Tourism and Sport
- School of Public Service Leadership
- In the Global International Student Barometer and Student Barometer, Autumn Wave 2015, UWTSD ranked #1 out of 46 institutions
- In the NSS 2015, UWTSD had overall satisfaction scores in excess of 90%
- UWTSD received some excellent rankings in the Complete University Guide 2017; the highlights were:
- UWTSD ranked 1st in Wales for Art & Design.
- Social Work at UWTSD ranked 4th in the UK for student satisfaction.
- Celtic Studies at UWTSD ranked 6th in the UK.
- Anthropology and Communication & Media Studies at UWTSD ranked 6th in the UK for student satisfaction.
- Classics & Ancient History at UWTSD ranked 7th in the UK for student satisfaction.
- Sport Science at UWTSD ranked 9th in the UK for student satisfaction.
Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, in order to enhance their ideologies and knowledge systems, universities introduce programmes and study abroad scholarships that are unique to their identities. These study international scholarships opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. They often award in the form of a reduced tuition fees. Contact The Chopras now for getting the right scholarship based on your academic merits and other talents.
Click Here to know more about Universities Scholarships.
6. Careers: Unique student support
Our Careers Advisers are able to assist you with all aspects of career planning:
- Choosing a career
- Job-seeking strategies
- Application procedures and CVs
- Interview techniques
- Work experience
- Course changes
- Further study options