Eastern Kentucky University
1. Overview of the institution
Eastern Kentucky University, commonly referred to as Eastern or EKU, is an undergraduate and graduate teaching and research institution located in Richmond, Kentucky, United States. EKU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
It maintains six regional campuses and offers more than 160 degree programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral levels
EKU also offers over 40 online undergraduate and graduate options.
2. Location and facilities
Living in Richmond offers a unique blend of the relative peace and quiet of a small town along with the buzz of a large city. It is a fast-growing but still quiet community of about 32,000 where scenic horse farms meet the foothills of the rugged Appalachian mountains. Just 25 miles north, is Kentucky’s second-largest city, Lexington, population 305,000. Other large cities within an easy two-hour, all-interstate drive are Louisville, Kentucky., Cincinnati, Ohio, and Knoxville, Tennessee.
EKU has 6 regional campus:
EKU East Region
EKU Central Region
EKU South Region
3. Departments/Subject areas
Eastern comprises five academic colleges, The Graduate School, as well as the John Grant Crabbe Library.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Technology
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Justice and Safety
- John Grant Crabbe Library
- Business Library and Academic Commons (Located within the Business & Technology Complex)
- Music Library Branch (Located within the Foster Building)
Eastern Kentucky University also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, and controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
Of the students at Eastern Kentucky University, 56 percent have cars on campus. Alcohol is not permitted for students of legal age at Eastern Kentucky University.
Eastern Kentucky University is recognized as one of the top 125 STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics) colleges and universities in the USA.
Most institutions have certain core competencies that form the foundation for their research, education delivery and reputation. Hence, in order to enhance their ideologies and knowledge systems, universities introduce programmes and study abroad scholarships that are unique to their identities. These study international scholarships opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of various factors including academic, personal achievements, extra-curricular activities, overall profiles, etc. They often award in the form of a reduced tuition fees. Contact The Chopras now for getting the right scholarship based on your academic merits and other talents.
Click Here to know more about USA University Scholarships.
6. Careers: Unique student support
Center for Career and Co-operative education provides unique student support:
- Job Fairs
- Workshops on resume writing
- EKU Myinterfase system provides a management tool for employers to connect with outstanding EKU Talent through a variety of services
- The Kentucky Work Study Program (KWSP) is designed to help eligible Kentucky students obtain career-related positions and to enable Kentucky employers to provide those positions.